Established in 2008, the Internships@Gov (I@Gov) programme gives undergraduates the opportunity to learn about the values, culture and work of the Singapore Public Service. The programme is centrally administered by the Public Service Division, with students placed on internships with participating public agencies.
Through I@Gov, interns will:
- Develop a broader understanding of the Singapore Public Service and how it contributes to a successful and vibrant Singapore.
- Apply their knowledge and skills to high-quality projects, in collaboration with public officers.
- Gain valuable professional insights from Public Service Leaders (PSLs) and public officers, through dialogue and engagement sessions; learning journeys; and customised workshops.
- Be studying as an undergraduate in a local or overseas university, have completed his/her first year of studies; be a matriculated student for the duration of the programme.
- Have an excellent academic and/or co-curricular track record.
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Have a keen interest in the values, culture and work of the Singapore Public Service.
- Meet the project requirements of the participating public agencies.
- Not be a scholarship recipient with specific bond obligations.
- Not have previously participated in I@Gov.
I@Gov is a structured programme that runs for at least eight weeks (subject to the availability of interns and the requirements of participating public agencies). The 2017 I@Gov programme will run from 8 May (Mon) to 30 Jun (Fri) 2017.
During the course of the I@Gov programme, PSD will organise several events to give interns a better understanding of various aspects of the Singapore Public Service. Key events include:
- Welcome Session: Interns will get to meet and engage with their peers, former I@Gov interns and public officers.
- Learning Journeys: Interns will visit at least one public agency that is typically not easily accessible to the general public, to gain insight into its operations.
- Customised Workshops: Interns will attend at least one workshop to develop their understanding of subjects such as policymaking, strategic planning, communications and design thinking.
- Dialogue Session: Interns will have the opportunity to engage with Public Service Leaders and learn from their experiences and insights.
S$1,000 monthly (without CPF contribution).
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Registration of Interest by Students
Registration for the I@Gov 2017 has closed.
Students of Singaporean universities may contact their university career offices for more information on I@Gov eligibility.